Saturday 19 May 2012

http://www.courtnews.co.nz/story.php?id=1013

Since I have a few moments I thought I would do some more research into Judge Strettel for my next book.
I don't visit the Christchurch Court news website much. And I never searched Strettell on it so this was a first.
The above article made my mouth drop open. The guy's 85 years old and he has a protection order on him? The guy can't even hear!
Strettell yelling is very out of character for him. I have been in court with him before. He never so much as makes eye contact with anyone. He simply stares at the back of the court.

His famous words are 'I have some concerns about this case' especially if your representing yourself. He hates case where there are no lawyers. And he spent hundreds of dollars in a Family Court case appointing a lawyer to assist the courts because neither parties had lawyers and he didn't think there was a case. Turns out there was a case and I won the case. Strettel did not have to spend all that court money.

He has gone and done this again (Judges are very slow learners). I am representing in my case for a restraining order against a women stalking me. He made orders for more evidence because he thinks security camera footage of the women stalking me is hearsay. Is he senile? hearsay refers to something said via other people ie rumors. How can video footage of the women doing the act of stalking be hearsay? He's way to old to be on drugs so.... dementia?


hear·say/ˈhi(ə)rˌsā/

Noun:
  1. Information received from other people that cannot be adequately substantiated; rumor.
  2. The report of another person's words by a witness, usually disallowed as evidence in a court of law.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.